Monday 10 November 2008

Day Three

The noise of footsteps work me from my chloroform induced slumber. My heart was pounding and I struggled to breath. I could not see as I had a blindfold tied tightly around my eyes, I was not gagged but I never made any attempt to speak or shout out. My wrists were throbbing from being bound by which I am sure was with cable ties. I have no idea where I was being held and not being able to see was so disorientating. I still am unaware as to how long I had been held in my 'prison' as days, hours rolled into one. The footsteps approached nearer and nearer and I felt sure that my heart was going to break out of my chest. I felt like crying but I think I was too shocked and scared. I just want to go home and I want my mum. Even after 33 years I still want my mum.

The footsteps stopped and it felt as if an eternity went by, the door was unlocked a light switch was turned on and the door left open. Even though I was blind folded it still made my eyes sensitive to the light. Footsteps came closer to me and a chair was dragged from nearby and I was pulled onto my feet and pushed into the chair. Something was placed on my lap, it was fairly big and heavy. I had no time to even think what was going to happen next as I felt hands reach to the back of my head and i thought, 'I am either going to get hit around the head or the blindfold taken off'. I flinched as my captor took off the blind fold as well as some of my hair. The sudden change from pitch black to light created a searing pain in my eyes and I could not help but close them until I adjusted to the light. As I tried to cover my eyes with my hands I remembered what was placed on my lap and had to stop it from falling off. As I reached down my captor spoke, 'there is a bucket in the corner, food on the tray. Do as we ask and you will not be hurt.' I could not see his face. Tears were streaming from my eyes as I struggled with the being able to 'see' again. He turned away, walked out of the door and locked it. As my eyes got used to the light I was able to see where I was being held. It was a room which needed a lot of attention, if you had ever thought of being held hostage this would be the ideal location. The room was empty apart from the chair, a bucket and myself. I suddenly felt a tiny bit better, being able to see again made me feel in more control. I looked down at the tray and it consisted of plastic plate similar to the ones that I have at home that I use for the children in case they get dropped. I have no idea what was on the plate but there was a concoction of rice, vegetables and something that resembled chicken. I toyed with the idea of ringing room service to see if they had a vegetarian option and the thought of that made the beginnings of a smile come to my face. That soon vanished when I remembered how dire the situation was that I was in and this was not the time of any kind of humour but at least I was alive, well for the moment.

1 comment:

The World According To Me said...

Oh my God I am hooked Louise!
Give me more! I am loving it.