Saturday 8 November 2008

Day Two

I have no idea what the time is or even how many days have gone by since i last saw my family. The last thing i remember was having a hankerchief stuffed in my face and being engulfed in a foul smelling stench that i can only think was chloroform or an equivalent. I know that this happened shortly after i first heard the voice of the man that abducted me. He didn't speak after that or if he did, i do not remember. Shortly after he told me i that i did not need my belongings from the car he must have sensed that i would become more resistant as his grasp on me grew tighter. His intuition was correct i finally had a moment of clarity and thought that actually i do have a choice and gun or no gun i had to try somehow to escape. Even as i write this i cannot believe that i would actually be that brave but my fight for survival was stronger than i thought it was. Not that it made any difference as he was obviously more experienced than i in these circumstances as he would allow no distance between us. The short trip from the car to me having chloroform shoved in my face felt like an eternity as my mind was going wild wondering what atrocities he had in store for me. It seemed logical to believe that him wielding a gun would not be the criteria attributed to a serial rapist or even an amateur rapist. Whilst i was trying to profile him he suddenly stopped me and took out a walkie talkie. He spoke to a man in Arabic and the conversation was over in less than 10 seconds. He then pushed me forward so that i was walking in front of him and that is the last thing i remember.

God knows where i am or what the time is or even how many days have passed. I am still feeling the effects of the chloroform and i can only imagine this is how it must to have been slipped the date rape drug. Memories of what happened come and go and i do not know what is real and what isn't. I am sure that at some point i was on a aeroplane and that would tie in with me being flagged down by the air strip. My mind is growing crazy, trying to discover why i was taken and what will happen to me. I cannot stop thinking about how my husband must be feeling, wondering whether i had planned to leave or if i was taken away or even if i am still alive.

No comments: